Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Post One

This evening I decided to start a blog. That is about the size of it.
As I tend to write my thoughts down quite a lot, to put them into some sort of cohesive order, I imagine that will be what I put here, aside from what happens in a day.
Feeling bruised from yesterdays exercise, however that is a good pain. No I am not masochistic, though it makes you wonder, are people who push themselves to the limit masochistic or determined? I'd like to think just determined, but it's probably a mix of the two.
Got to the office before 10 again. For any who don't know, I am working at the Vine Office (currently in transit to new premises) as a summer volunteer, I don't believe there is more worthwhile way to spend my summer, at least not accessible to me here and now. Mandy and Derek were already there well before me, they are uber amazing people, they work hard all day and are continually excited and energetic and enthusiastic and other words beginning with 'e', Woah, thats the spirit working right there, and I'm not talking about Derek's Bombay spirit.
It was an extremely slow day, something I cannot tolerate. You can beat me, you can starve me, you can kill me. Just don't bore me. I cannot take tedium. Went for a walk after lunch up to the zoo and back, burned some CD's for this Sunday. Now, here is something I think about a lot, efficiency. Why procrastinate, and why not make time for simple tasks if you may be rushed later. It is a biblical attitude, why put off till tomorrow what you can do today? I imagine it's a lot easier to say that out of school than in school.
Went home and watched the film 'Secret Window', a Stephen King novel turned film, and it is very stereotypically Stephen King with a Fight Club twist at the end but not quite as satisfying, at least in my opinion. It is a scary thought that a sufficiently stressful event could cause a mental breakdown to the point that something twisted is created, to the point of depravity or even just abnormal behaviour or thinking patterns. Ok, no more depressing thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home