Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Post Seven

I'm in the UK. The first thought than ran through my head when I arrived... man, it is cold. I'm going to actually have to wear thick shirts and jackets. The flight got into heathrow at about 6am GMT, transferred to Edinburgh and arrived there at about 9.30am GMT. I've had to visit a few relatives already. As I wasn't in the UK this summer, my gran and both my aunts hadn't seen me for a good year and a bit. My only remaining grandparent had a stroke a few years ago, down the entire right side of her body, she has regained a good amount of movement considering there was a chance she wouldn't, however she uses a wheelchair to get around most of the time.
She actually brought up the topic of leaving her body to science, quite a brave thing to talk about considering her condition. It's an interesting topic, I'm certainly an advocate of advancing medicine and being an organ donor to those who are needing new ones. Morally, I feel it's the right thing to do, to help someone with something you have if you don't need it anymore. I don't believe there is anything biblical to contradict this, but I have a suspicion I could be wrong. I'll look it up and let you know in the next post. Would you let your body be used after you had passed on, as an organ donor?
Quickly before I disappear I'll let you know my movements for the next few days. I'm off down south to where I used to live for a few days and visit a few friends. Come Saturday I will be off to Warwick Uni and will be getting into halls Saturday afternoon. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home